Web design trends reflect the current expectations and preferences of users. By following these trends, you ensure that your website meets the expectations of visitors, providing them with a familiar and intuitive user experience.
The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated existing trends in web design and highlighted the importance of adaptability, accessibility, and user-centered experiences. Web designers had to navigate the changing landscape and cater to evolving user needs to create effective and engaging websites during these challenging times.
However, post-Covid the design world desires to bring some extremely perceptible elements. Bubblegum is a popular internet marketing company in Sydney employing the 2023 web design trends to give their client’s organizations a competitive edge.
Inevitable top web design trends in 2023
- Immersive Visuals: Websites will increasingly utilize immersive visuals such as large background images, videos, and interactive elements. This trend aims to captivate users and create a memorable browsing experience.
- Design with texture: Web designs with texture can add depth, visual interest, and a tactile feel to a website, making it more engaging for users. Paper texture, wood texture, metallic texture, etc. are some examples. Combine texture with parallax scrolling to create an engaging and immersive experience. The textures can enhance the depth and visual appeal of the scrolling effect.
- Custom Illustrations and Graphics: Unique and personalized illustrations and graphics will be favored over generic stock images. Custom visuals help establish a brand identity, create a memorable experience, and convey information in an engaging way.
- Responsive and Mobile-First Design: With the increasing use of mobile devices, websites will prioritize responsive and mobile-first design. Ensuring a seamless browsing experience across various screen sizes and devices will be crucial for user satisfaction.
- Voice User Interface (VUI): As voice assistants and smart speakers continue to gain popularity, integrating voice user interfaces into websites will become more prevalent. VUI allows users to interact with websites using voice commands, making navigation and information retrieval more convenient.
- 3D and Augmented Reality (AR) Elements: 3D visuals and augmented reality elements will be used to create interactive and immersive experiences. This trend will be particularly relevant for e-commerce websites, allowing users to visualize products in a realistic and engaging way.
- SVG format over PNG and JPG: Scalable Vector Graphics file format is easy to resize without loss of quality. SVG files are small even for complicated images and ideal for illustrations, logos, and infographics. JPG is small in size, so choose it if SVG cannot be used instead of PNG.
- Sustainability and Accessibility: There is a growing emphasis on sustainability and accessibility in web design. Websites will focus on reducing carbon footprints by optimizing code and hosting, as well as ensuring accessibility for users with disabilities, such as adhering to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
Remember that web design trends can vary, and it’s important to consider your target audience and the specific needs of your website when implementing any design elements.
According to Cam Roberts, Bubblegum founder, and CEO, ‘It’s important to follow web design trends, but it’s equally crucial to adapt them judiciously to suit your specific goals, target audience, and brand identity.